The next best thing after Charminar area to satiate your food craving is the Tolichowki food court which has become a food haven for the foodies offering a multitude of cuisines to choose from.
The following is the friendly guide to exploring the food scene in and around Tolichowki area in Hyderabad.
- Rumaan Hotel: A beef lover’s paradise, try their beef Haleem during Ramadan season or Khichdi Khatta Kheema (Beef) which is available as early as 5am in the mornings every day. Talahuwa Gosht, Beef biryani, Irani Chai are the other favorites you can try here.
- Ice & Spice: One of the best places to try Chicken Shawarma, Veg Falafel, Veg and Non Veg Muttabbaq, Shawarma Sahan, Falafel Sahan, Arabian Shawarma.
- Al Zaara Mathbaq Al Mandi: One of the few places in Tolichowki area that serves Mandi in the traditional setup of sitting on the floor and eating food in a big plate. Things to try here are Laham Mandi & Fish Mandi.
- 4 Seasons Restaurant: A place where you get good Indian and Arabic food, try their Mezze platters from the exclusive menu section, Arabic mixed grilled platter or Sea food platter as the starters, Khabsa laham, Laham Mandi , Chicken or Mutton Biryani as the main course, followed by Umm ali , Badami Kheer or Qubani ka meetha as desserts. Huge seating area spanning 3 floors, but on weekends it is still not enough, option to book a table in advance is available
- Mak’s Kitchen: Try their Patthar ka Gosh (Available in the evenings) ,Chapli Kebab & Chinese dishes. Not so crowded, good place for quiet family dinners
- Shah Ghouse: During Ramadan, Haleem is a must try and do not forget to try their Khichdi Khatta & Kheema available at 3am for Sehri (Meal time before fasting begins). During normal days the same Khichdi Khatta & Kheema is available from 5 am onwards along with Nihari,Paya, Zabaan, Gurda Bhaji. They serve Biryani from 11:30-12pm onwards till 2-3am in the night and a definite thing to try here along with the Chai and the kebab platter
- Siddique Kebab Center: Strapped for cash then this is the place to be, amazing food at low prices. You get grilled chicken, chicken fry, chicken 65, kebabs, tandoori chicken. Small menu but every items is tasty
- Mandar: Specializes in Indian, Mughlai & Chinese and now Arabic as well. You can try their Biryani and Mandi
- Kabul Darbar: Opened few weeks back and serves the same menu as the lakdi ka pul branch. Things to try is the Sajji grill chicken & their kebabs
- Nice Juice Center: Famous for their savories, chaats, juices and fruit salad’s. All the items on the menu are good, few which stand out are Mulberry with cream, Taftian, Arabian Salad, Dry fruit shakes, sitaphal juice, Chilgoza, Majuma zalzala.
- Mohammedia Shawarma: Located at Retibowli , this place serves good chicken shawarma’s in all three variants of bread (Samoli- Hot dog bun, Rumali Roti , Khuboos – Pita Bread) , try their special shawarma which has just meat and no vegetables
- Marhaba: A popular Arabic food outlet serving Shawarma, Mutabbaq, Arabic shawarma & Mandi and all items on the menu are good to try
- Al Hejaz: A budget friendly sandwich shop which serves middle eastern cuisine, small menu and all items are good to try, recommended is to try their falafel sabbah which is basically a falafel & egg sandwich. #KhabarLive