In recent years, the trend of Indian students going abroad to pursue higher education has seen a significant rise.
According to a Ministry of External Affairs report, over 7.5 lakh Indian students were studying abroad in 2020. This number has been increasing steadily, and it begs the question: why are Indian students choosing to study abroad?
There are several reasons for this trend. Firstly, the quality of education is a significant factor. Indian students often face fierce competition to secure a place in a reputable college or university in India.
However, studying abroad opens up a plethora of options that are not available within India. Universities abroad offer world-class infrastructure, modern facilities, and a more practical approach to learning that is often lacking in India. Moreover, they also provide exposure to a more diverse student community, which helps broaden perspectives and build a global network.
Secondly, Indian students are also attracted to the wider range of courses and specializations offered abroad. While Indian universities often focus on traditional courses such as engineering, medicine, and management, universities abroad offer a broader range of programs, including liberal arts, social sciences, and humanities. These courses provide a unique opportunity for Indian students to explore new subjects and broaden their horizons, which can help them stand out in a highly competitive job market.
Another significant factor is the availability of scholarships and financial aid for international students. Studying abroad can be expensive, but many universities offer scholarships and financial aid to help students cover their expenses. Additionally, international students can also work part-time to support themselves while studying. This opportunity not only helps reduce the financial burden but also provides an opportunity to gain work experience and develop essential skills.
Lastly, studying abroad also provides an opportunity to experience a new culture and way of life. It helps develop independence, adaptability, and intercultural skills highly valued in today’s global economy. Moreover, studying abroad provides an opportunity to learn a new language, which can be beneficial in both personal and professional life.
This being the scenario, we compiled a list of the top 6 countries in the world with the help of Prodigy Finance, where students go to study.
- United States of America (USA): The United States is one of the most popular destinations for Indian students to study abroad. With a world-class education system, diverse student community, and top-ranking universities, the USA provides an excellent opportunity for Indian students to pursue their higher education goals. Additionally, the USA also offers several scholarship programs and part-time work opportunities for international students.
- Canada: Canada is another popular destination for Indian students, known for its quality of education, welcoming culture, and safe environment. Canadian universities offer a range of programs, from undergraduate to graduate degrees, and also provide opportunities for research and practical experience. Moreover, Canada also offers post-graduation work opportunities and a pathway to permanent residency.
- United Kingdom (UK): The UK is renowned for its prestigious universities, academic excellence, and rich cultural heritage. Indian students can choose from a wide range of courses and specializations, and the education system provides a strong foundation for future career prospects. Moreover, the UK also offers post-study work opportunities and a pathway to permanent residency.
- Ireland: Ireland is a relatively smaller destination but offers high-quality education, a friendly environment, and a unique cultural experience. Irish universities are known for their research excellence, and the country also provides internships and work experience opportunities. Ireland also offers a post-study work visa program, making it an attractive option for Indian students.
- New Zealand: New Zealand is a popular destination for Indian students, known for its safe environment, friendly people, and stunning natural beauty. New Zealand universities offer a range of programs, including courses in technology, business, and environmental sciences. The country also offers post-study work opportunities and a pathway to permanent residency.
- Australia: Australia is a popular destination for Indian students, known for its world-class universities, high-quality education, and multicultural environment. Australian universities offer a range of programs, from undergraduate to doctoral degrees, and also provide opportunities for research and practical experience. Australia also offers post-study work opportunities and a pathway to permanent residency.
In conclusion, Indian students are choosing to study abroad for a variety of reasons, including the quality of education, wider range of courses, availability of scholarships, and exposure to new cultures. Studying abroad provides a unique opportunity for Indian students to gain a global perspective, develop new skills, and stand out in a competitive job market. However, it is essential to note that studying abroad can be expensive and requires significant planning, so students must make informed decisions before making this important decision. #hydnews #khabarlive